For U.S. citizens arriving in Jamaica valid passports are required.
Visitors must have a return ticket or onward ticket for entry into Jamaica.
Travel Authorization is required by the Government of Jamaica to persons intending to travel to the island. On arrival, approval for the Travel Authorization is issued after satisfactory completion of a health risk assessment.
How to apply:
Applications are available online. The Jamaican health regulations require that the Travel Authorization be issued a maximum of 72 hours before arrival in Jamaica. A response will be generated within 10 minutes of the submission of the application.
- Print or save Travel Authorization.
- Present the document to the airport with a valid passport for boarding.
- The Travel Authorization is required to board a flight to Jamaica.
COVID-19 Updates for Jamaica (Subject to Change)
Effective July 10, 2020
Travelers from the following states are required to upload a negative Covid-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test conducted within 10 days of the arrival date to obtain a travel authorization:
- New York
What to Expect
- Upon arrival, travelers are required to undergo a health screening and risk assessment.
- This includes:
- Checking the individual's temperature
- Observation of symptoms
- Interview by a health officer
- Observe the sanitization, physical distancing, and mask-wearing protocols.
- Proceed to immigration for border control processing.
- Proceed to baggage claim to collect personal luggage.
- Proceed to customs for clearance of luggage
- Be prepared to be tested at the airport
Testing and Quarantine for U.S. Travelers
- Travelers from areas where there is high community transmission of the virus will be tested.
- Travelers will be escorted to a public health officer who will conduct a short risk assessment. A decision to conduct a COVID-19 PCR test will be based on the results of the risk assessment.
- If selected for testing, the passenger will be directed to COVID-19 PCR test, administered by a health professional.
- Use certified transportation providers to get to your COVID-19 compliant accommodation.
- The test will be a PCR test and a sample will be taken by oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal swabbing.
Test results will be made available within 48 hours. All persons tested for COVID-19 will be quarantined at their declared accommodation until test results are available.
If showing obvious signs of illness on arrival, a traveler may be removed from regular processing and be quarantined or isolated at their hotel or at a government facility as determined by the health officers.
Persons under quarantine are not permitted to leave the location, except with the permission of the health authorities. The quarantine location is either at a hotel arranged or a government facility, as determined by the health authorities.
Post Custom’s clearance
Have vouchers ready for the transportation driver and the hotel.
Roundtrip transportation between the airport and hotel is provided by Amstar
Upon arrival after clearing immigration and customs, head to the arrival hall or desk #10 inside the arrival lobby to meet the Amstar representative.
An Amstar representative (wearing a signature blue-flowered shirt) will greet the traveler inside the terminal building and escort to the transfer vehicle.
For those going to Club MoBay alert "Arrival Service" inform the representative transportation is with Amstar. To avoid missing the transfer and help ensure a timely departure please do not wait in the Club MoBay Lounge unless directed to by an Amstar Representative.
Transportation is provided, avoid all timeshare representatives or taxi operators offering information and products in the arrival hall.
WEB CHECK-IN at the RIU
New to RIU Hotels & Resorts is Web Check-in - designed to allow guests to pre-register starting 7 days and up to 48 hours before arrival. This new feature is designed to help guests navigate the new normal procedures with guest health and safety remaining as RIU's primary priority. Guests who utilize Web Check-in will spend more time experiencing RIU Hotels & Resorts and less time in queues due to enhanced health and safety procedures and the new normal protocols. RIU Hotels & Resorts are strongly recommending all guests to use this new service by following these easy steps! CLICK HERE - RIU Check-in
Additionally, RIU Hotels and the Preverisk Group have collaborated to develop detailed guidelines in response to the Covid-19 illness.
Highlights of RIU's enhanced protocol
- The implementation of preventative measures at the Hotel entrance includes taking temperatures, hand disinfectants, masks, and social distancing.
- Contactless Web Check-in whenever possible
- Mobile app as an information tool for all the hotel's communal areas
- Social Distancing through room allocation
Receipt of goods:
- All supplier's staff temperatures will be checked.
- If possible, products will not enter the hotel and must be transferred to disinfected crates.
- Fruit and vegetables will be disinfected before being stored
- Personal hygiene procedures have been implemented to include gloves and masks for all staff.
- Air conditioning maintenance in rooms and common areas to include weekly disinfection of filters.
- Water systems (pools, spa, domestic and irrigation water) are monitored constantly
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner Hours will be extended.
- Staff will manage entry to the restaurant and show guests to their allocated table.
- Guests must undergo a temperature control check before being allowed access and hand disinfectant.
- Guests must use a mask and gloves and hydro-alcoholic gel.
- Guests must rub the hydro-alcoholic gel onto hands and use a mask and gloves to access it.
- Signaling tape and marks will be installed to ensure correct social distancing
- Cleaning and disinfection procedures during and after each service.
- tables and chairs (surfaces and sides) and any items left on the table, will be disinfected after each guest.
- All chemical products that are used are considered to be effective against COVID19 as their safety data sheets have been revised.
Cleaning and disinfection procedures for cleaning each room, with special attention paid to hand contact areas (Railings, handles, tv/ac remote controls, minibar, etc.…)
Additionally, procedures of performance will be implemented:
Communal indoor and outdoor areas will be cleaned and disinfected every hour, with special attention paid to hand contact areas (Railings and handrails, elevator buttons, etc.…).
Activities will be carried out whilst maintaining social distancing, limiting capacities, keeping materials sanitized, and having disinfectant gel available.
For more details please visit the following links: